*Mark your calendar! Legislative Action Day 2014 will be held on Thursday, February 27, 2014 at the State House!*
Thank you to everyone who joined us for Legislative Action Day & Youth on the Hill Day on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at the State House to advocate for these housing, homelessness, and benefits priorities! We are so grateful to have had a standing room only crowd, full of passionate voices for change. Please continue to advocate with us throughout the FY'14 budget process and beyond!
Read our Legislative Action Day press release here.
- Detailed agenda
- Please see our Present Policy Campaigns page for campaign fact sheets
- Presentation materials on the Massachusetts Commission on Unaccompanied Homeless Youth
- Goals and tips for legislative meetings
9:00 a.m.: Check-in/registration and light breakfast
9:30 a.m.: Welcome
9:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Formal program
- Opening remarks by Representative Jim O'Day and Senator Jamie Eldridge
- Review of Coalition priorities
- Testimonies from families, youth, and adults who have experienced homelessness
- Remarks by legislators and members of the Massachusetts Commission on Unaccompanied Homeless Youth
- “Our Stories, Our Art: At the Intersection of Homelessness and Creativity”: Remarks on the Coalition’s week-long art exhibit in Doric Hall
12:00-12:30 p.m.: Conclusion, send-off for legislative visits, and visits to the art gallery
12:00-3:00 p.m.: Visits with legislators
Are you a youth or youth provider? Check out our Youth on the Hill Day Tool Kit (plus updated youth bill overview) to learn more about how you can get involved ahead of time, the day of the event, and beyond. For general information about our work on unaccompanied youth homeless, click here.
“Our Stories, Our Art: At the Intersection of Homelessness and Creativity” Gallery Exhibit: Are you interested in submitting a piece for a week-long art exhibit on homelessness? We have reserved Doric Hall at the State House from Monday, February 25th - Friday, March 1st. We are collecting art pieces (photos, paintings, poems, short stories, dance videos, collages, etc.) to display in the gallery and/or online. Click here for more details.
Click here to see behind-the-scenes photos of Legislative Action Day/"Our Stories, Our Art" exhibit preparations.