Massachusetts Youth Count 2017
Posted April 18, 2017; last updated May 16, 2018
*Check out the final 2017 Massachusetts Youth Count report here and the statewide summary. Please also see the separate summaries on the findings from each region, as well as for LGBTQ youth, youth with foster care involvement, pregnant and parenting youth, and youth with criminal justice system involvement.*
The Coalition is proud to be a lead collaborator once again with the Massachusetts Commission on Unaccompanied Homeless Youth for the 4th annual Massachusetts Youth Count. The Massachusetts Youth Count mobilizes youth, young adults, Continua of Care, and youth providers to survey young people under the age of 25 from all across the Commonwealth who are experiencing homelessness and housing instability. The insights and data gathered from the survey process are used to influence advocacy and programming to address youth and young adult homelessness.
*If you are under 25 and have completed a paper version of the survey, or if you are able to collect paper surveys from youth and young adults, you can mail completed surveys to: Kelly Turley, Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless, 73 Buffum Street, Lynn, MA 01902.*
How can you help? Please share this link with any young people you know, post the flyer in a visible place in your community, and check out the Youth Count Facebook page, Twitter feed, and Instagram page.
For more details about the Coalition's advocacy on addressing and ending youth and young adult homelessness, please click here: unaccompanied youth and young adult homelessness page or contact Kelly.
The Coalition's Youth Count action alert from May 1st is here.
Downloadable materials in PDF form:
- Overview of Massachusetts Youth Count 2017
- Youth Count 2017 letter from Linn Torto, Executive Director of the Interagency Council on Housing and Homelessness
- Youth Count flyer
- English version of Youth Count survey
- Spanish version of Youth Count survey
- Haitian Kreyol version of Youth Count survey
- Cape Verdean Creole version of Youth Count survey
- Khmer/Cambodian version of Youth Count survey
- Brazilian Portuguese version of Youth Count survey
- QR code to link to online survey
- Social media outreach tips for Youth Ambassadors (and other stakeholders), courtesy of Lauren Leonardis, Youth Count Consultant